The Grammy’s. The Oscars. The BAFTA’s. Every star-studded journey has one thing in common: details, details, details. Nothing says Hollywood like a glammed-up art-deco theme, with its bold golds and eye-catching geometrics, but these insider tips will work any style of décor you choose.
The Buffet: Place a runner on table or console, then set up your plating area into sections: Bar, bites, and small plates.
The Dishes: Mix and match what you already have. Use a mix of heights and shapes to add depth to your display.
The Food: Take everyday items and plate them beautifully. That’s right, trail mix in your grandmother’s china will look phenomenal.
The Recipes: If your evening is movie themed, think of a cuisine that best represents a film? Bohemian Rapsody? Think mini Yorkshire pudding wrap. A Star is Born? Three-tiered cupcake, a la southern USA.
The Cocktails: The hottest trend in Hollywood right now is the limited bar. For an Academy-Award winning mélange, try a champagne mimosa with frozen berries to elevate your ice cube.
The Game: Place your best on the winning moment. Create a printable Bingo game and have your guests keep their eyes peeled for an ugly cry, a wardrobe malfunction, or even a golf clap.
1 Month Before:
- Set the date
- Prepare your guest list
- Choose a theme
- Invite your guests
2 Weeks Before:
- Choose the menu
- Make a list of ingredients
- Take stock of your platters, glasses, flatware, and linens
- Borrow some if you need more
1 Week Before:
- Make space in the refrigerator
- Plan your cocktail menu
- Stock up on drinks and snacks
- Contact guests who have not RSVP’d
- Prepare any recipes that keep
2 Days Before:
- Prep your décor and go to town
1 Day Before:
- Place frozen food in the refrigerator
- Prep any recipes you can
- Purchase greens, fresh bread, meats and seafood
- Get cooking
- Set up the bar
- Heat prepped dishes
- Finalize décor
- Set out snacks
- Greet your guests
- Plate any hot food
- Get out of the kitchen and enjoy