CRAFT YOUR OWN DESIGNER TABLESCAPE
Ambiance is a very special thing. It sets the mood. It foreshadows what’s to come. But, it’s not easily achieved. In partnership with expert stylists from Bespoke Décor, Parq Vancouver invites you to explore the latest trends and learn how to master a gorgeous tablescape of your very own.
This year, we’re styling our tables with out-of-the-box looks, using bold colours like navy, mustard yellow, rich burgundy, soft orange, deep teals and pops of black. Feeling inspired? Here are four looks to help you set the mood.
A Modern Kinfolk Thanksgiving Brunch
For this arrangement, dried foliage is your best friend. Explore your neighbourhood and see what you can find: Twigs, branches with berries, cotton stems, anything that appeals to you. Place your foliage in a large glass vase in the centre of your table. Set wood serving boards on either side. Use amber-hued glassware for a pop of colour and add contrast with black candles. Your guests will feel the warmth of an early fall sunset as they enter your dining room.
A Wild Walk Through Nature
In this moody tablescape, moss is your table’s foundation. It creates a woodsy yet elegant setting when paired with gold accents and unexpected pops of white. Forage or purchase foliage and florals, and dry them out prior to setting your table. Think robust colours like burgundy, deep pinks and mustards. For a welcoming personal touch, use cinnamon sticks and tea-stained paper for your place cards. Your guests will know they’re in for an upscale evening with a vintage vibe.
A Very Modern Affair
Spice up your table with a modern, minimal look. Choose faux pumpkins in a variety of sizes, spray paint white and gold, and pepper them across your table. Create texture by layering in antlers, dried branches, and wheat. Use white plateware and bold gold cutlery but think neutral for serviettes, like a simple linen napkin. Your guests will be wowed by this not-so-casual affair.
A Twist on Traditional
Here, we put a playful twist on tradition with a pastel palette. To begin, gather an assortment of mini pumpkins, corn, pinecones, and spray paint them in blush pink, punchy magenta, soft orange and bright yellow. Take the look one step further with a statement centrepiece. If you have a cornucopia, place it off-centred on the table and let the painted items spill out into the centre. Use summer plateware and, for an original personal touch, use pom poms for napkin rings and place cards. Your guests will immediately know fun is the name of this game.
Now that you’re feeling inspired, here is a checklist to help you create the perfect do-it-yourself Thanksgiving table.
- Decide which theme is right for you, and then make an itemized list.
- Look at the items on that list. Can you repurpose any holiday décor? Do you have enough time for a DIY project?
- Give yourself time to experiment. How do the items look together on your table? Are there items you want to change or add? Is the scale of the centrepiece right for your table?
- Set your guest list, and choose quality paper for name cards. Go one step further and try calligraphy or lettering for a perfect touch of hand.
- Have fun with place cards. Choose one from the natural bounty of fall, like cinnamon sticks or faux mini pumpkins. Not your style? A sprig of greenery or dried floral provides a minimal but impactful touch.
- Layer your look. Use chargers, arranged plate ware, napkins with rings, place card holders, and place cards for a fully finished look.
- Create a dessert buffet table to reinforce the theme.
- Design small takeaway boxes for your guests. They’ll thank you for this unexpected, personalized touch as they devour their delicious lunch.
Thanksgiving is such wonderful family gathering, and a fully curated table shows your guests they’re in for a treat.
By Bespoke Décor
Let's Stay Connected
Remain informed with the latest news, special events, extraordinary adventures, and be the first to receive select offers from Parq Vancouver.
You’ll receive a 15% off coupon for signing up.