15 WINTER JOURNEYS TO DISCOVER IN VANCOUVER
With the city’s mild climate, vibrant cultural life and proximity to snowy outdoor adventures, Vancouver is ideal for a winter retreat. We invite you to explore the many seasonal journeys in and around Vancouver’s premiere entertainment destination.
- Grab a pair of skates to experience ice skating in two very different alfresco settings: the bustling Robson Square or the peak of Grouse Mountain.
- Meet the friendly farmers and inspired artisans at the Vancouver Winter Farmers Markets for seasonal and always-local goods, held Saturdays at Riley Park and Sundays at Hastings Park.
- Catch the Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena. As the Official Resort of the Vancouver Canucks, we invite you to discover the many ways we elevate your beloved game. We invite you to explore our menu at BC Kitchen – Vancouver’s best sports bar, indulge in a Game Day burger at Centre Bar, or even try our exclusive Powerplay Popcorn Gelato flavour at Passionee Gelato Artigianale where proceeds go to the Canucks for Kids Fund.
- Explore winter in the city via False Creek Ferries, where you’ll weave your way across False Creek and discover local gems at Granville Island along the way.
- Embark on a snow limo tour. Think of it as a personal chauffeur on Grouse Mountain for those who aren’t interested in traversing the rugged grounds themselves.
- Slip into some snowshoes and blaze the trails on the North Shore. Choose to explore Cypress Mountain, Grouse Mountain or Mt. Seymour.
- Be swept away on a magical holiday adventure with one of the most famous classical ballets of all time, the Nutcracker by GOH Ballet, at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre December 20, 2019 – December 22, 2019.
- Celebrate the Christmas season with the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra as they play your favourite classical music in venues across the city, December 10, 2019 – December 22, 2019.
- Stroll under a million twinkle lights at Glow Gardens. Here, you’ll enjoy interactive activities, live entertainment, food trucks, a festive Christmas market, and you’ll even meet Santa himself. Glow Gardens is held at the Harbour Convention Centre, November 21, 2019 – January 5, 2020.
- Witness a masterful performance by Cirque du Soleil as they present their latest chef-d’oeuvre, Luzia, at the Concord Pacific Place, October 3, 2019 – December 29, 2019.
- Gather your little ones and venture to Stanley Park for the Bright Nights Christmas Train, where you’ll discover a breathtaking light display and live performances along the 14-minute ride, November 28, 2019 – January 1, 2020.
- Go tobogganing within the city for a guaranteed thrill. Here’s where: Cleveland Park, Trimble Park, Kensington Park, Falaise Park, Queen Elizabeth Park, Douglas Park, Sutcliffe Park, China Creek Park, Coal Harbour Hill and the Vancouver Aquatic Centre.
- Illuminate the darkest night of the year with performances, music, fire and storytelling at the Winter Solstice Lantern Festival, held at venues across the city on December 21, 2019.
- Celebrate the Vancouver International Wine Festival with a wine pairing dinner at Parq Vancouver’s own Honey Salt, featuring Cedar Creek Winery, on Wednesday, February 26, 2020, from 6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Taste your way through Vancouver’s culinary scene at the Dine Out Vancouver Festival, returning January 17, 2019 – February 2, 2019, with special menus at our very own Honey Salt, The Victor, MRKT East and BC Kitchen.
We invite you to join us, just steps from concerts, sporting events and theatres, as you embark on a memorable Vancouver journey.