MAY 25, 2019 | Experiential Beekeeping Workshop
In celebration of World Bee Day, immerse yourself in a two-part workshop hosted by Hives for Humanity and Parq Vancouver’s Honey Salt. Taste your way through an array of house honey-infused dishes over three courses at a harvest style table followed by a journey to a nearby urban garden for a sensorial beekeeping experience. Learn how Hives for Humanity builds character and community through beekeeping.
Your journey includes:
• Taste your way through an array of honey-infused dishes over three courses at a harvest style table at Honey Salt.
• Toast the experience with a zero proof honey centric refreshment.
• Executive Chef, Jason Labahn, will share insights on how to incorporate honey into your cooking at home.
• Apiary orientation including best practices for safety
• Interactive hive experience
• Q&A discussion with the Resident Beekeeper
• Tasting of Parq Vancouver’s honey fresh from the hive
• Experience the smells, tastes, sounds and textures of the pollinator garden
A portion of the ticket sales proceeds will go towards providing meaningful work for residents of the downtown east side.
Date: May 25, 2019
Time: 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Location: Parq Vancouver’s Honey Salt Restaurant followed by the Parq Vancouver beehives garden.
Tickets: $88.00 per person
For the best experience, we recommend wearing closed-toe shoes and light-coloured long sleeves and pants. You will be provided with a fully protective bee veil and equipment. Please avoid wearing strong fragrances as it can agitate the bees.
This experience is not recommended for guests with bee or honey allergies or sensitivity to insects. Participants will be required to complete and sign a waiver.